New Space MArines and Lighting Claws

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

New Space MArines and Lighting Claws

Postby Depayen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:06 am

I was playing around writing up new space marine lists and notice the entry for melee weapons shows only Lighting Claw. I did not see a selection for Lighting Claws. Does anyone know if this has been resolved? I am going to the FAQ's next.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Re: New Space MArines and Lighting Claws

Postby Depayen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 am

nothing in the FAQ's

Depayen

Postby seahawk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 am

I don't see the issue? It's not going to be because it doesn't have to be.

One lightning claw is worth 15 points, two lightning claws is worth 30 points, just like before. What, you wanted a pair for 15? :P
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Depayen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 am

No need to be rude Seahawk. I threw out there to see how other people were viewing it. I was thinking along the same line as you. I just didn't want to it then have a rules person (seahawk), go no you can't have that it doesn't have it listed in the book.

Depayen

Postby seahawk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:16 pm

That's the thing though, it IS listed in the book.

Swap out bolt pistol for a lightning claw.

Swap out close combat weapon for another lightning claw.

And you now have two lightning claws.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:03 am

yes, but we are only human and we can miss things in the book. As a lot of us have lives and children our focus in not 100% on this game. There is a lot to take in with these new codex they are cranking out like mad now. These forums are for people to ask questions and get answers from people who know the answer. We don't need to be chastised about what we ask for as that's how you scare new players away and have older players become disgusted with the attitude from people on this forum attacking people for asking questions that you feel they should "just know" and leave to a more friendlier forum where people are nice and helpful.

If you cant be nice and helpful I suggest not replying if all your going to do is bash people. We prefer to get help from those who truly want to help and not be a jerk about it. Last I checked this is NOT YOUR forum Andrew.

ON a nicer note: hope to see ya at Rock Con. I signed up and I am ready to go. Now what the heck to play for this 1750...............
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby seahawk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:25 pm

I was neither discourteous nor rude. I simply stated that I didn't see the problem he saw, and pointed out the solution. I don't even know how it was misconstrued as such. :? That's what the smiley is for!

No need to jump on the "hate/love Andrew bandwagon", Tom. T'ain't yo' forum neitha. :P
seahawk

Postby moonshadow13 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:21 pm

I don't hate ya Andrew, but you really need to look at how you post and or your English comprehension. But enough of that as the point was made and you replied. Hope to see ya at Rock Con and please bring your boys in Blue I want to beat them.......again :) :lol:
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby Turtle » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:12 pm

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Lord Baerion » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:20 am

Just from an outside perspective I didn't see anything rude in any post. It wasn't overly explanative but I don't see anything wrong with the post above explaining how the book works. The question was asked and answered.
Lord Baerion

Postby DaGrippster » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:06 pm

You guys are being way too polite for an internet fight.

Come on! Entertain me! :lol:
DaGrippster

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)