Fortress of Redemption

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Fortress of Redemption

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:58 am

Hi, not sure if this has been covered before, but with Emplaced Weapons, it says the building with the emplaced weapon(s) must be occupied for them to be fired. Does this mean a unit with a BS must be embarked in the building to fire the emplaced weapon(s)? Or does being on the Battlements count as occupying the building?

The way I understand it is being on top in the Battlements does not count as occupying the building, but I wanted to find out for sure.

Also, where are the access points for the Fortress of Redemption? I don't see them in the book anywhere, nor on the picture in the book. And to access the Battlements would a unit have to first enter the building, and then use a movement phase to get up on top? Can Jump Infantry just jump up onto them?

I don't actually have a Fortress yet, but I want to make one, mainly for terrain purposes. But those Krakstorm missiles sure sound like a nice upgrade to have :)
Lord Krungharr

Re: Fortress of Redemption

Postby seahawk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 am

Correct.

1. Unit must be inside to be occupying; on the roof isn't good enough. BRB FAQ

2. The only access point is the only door on the back side of it, which is on the section with the missiles.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Wow, only 1 door? That's surprising. It would take like 4 turns to move through and get up to the top of the tower to assault any dudes up there, unless Jump Infantry are around.

I can deploy Troops as Embarked in the buildings though right?
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 am

Nothing can assault the battlements from the outside, not even jump infantry/flyers/mind-bending c'tan/etc. Assaults have to come from the adjacent battlement or from inside below.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)