Necron Rules Question

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Necron Rules Question

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:30 pm

I have my own answer to this question and I think RAW I am correct.

Question: What happens when a Necron Scoring unit that controls the RELIC gets into a NightSythe?
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Re: Necron Rules Question

Postby Chubs » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Page 131, check the notes about flyers and zooming (it crashes).

I assume the question is what happen the the relic. I'd say after the flyer moves 6' , the relic drops right there (as it can't move more than 6), then resolve the flyer crashing. The warriors or what ever boarded the ns go into reserve, but the relic remains when it dropped.
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Chubs wrote:Page 131, check the notes about flyers and zooming (it crashes).

I assume the question is what happen the the relic. I'd say after the flyer moves 6' , the relic drops right there (as it can't move more than 6), then resolve the flyer crashing. The warriors or what ever boarded the ns go into reserve, but the relic remains when it dropped.

True the warriors can't Move more then 6" but going into reserves is not moving. At no point in time does the unit "Move" more then 6". The flyer moves 6" then dies/blows up and then the unit inside is in reserves.

I argue that RAW the unit would have the Relic in reserves since the model carrying the Relic never died. Relic is very specific "Move" more then 6" or die and you drop it but this units did not die and it did not move more then 6".
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

YeezyMozart

Postby sangheili » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:09 pm

That's the scenario where you have to control the relic to win right?
sangheili

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 pm

If a unit goes back into Reserves, you're no longer on the table. RAW can stick it for now, RAI objectives stay on the table.
Lord Krungharr

Postby DaGrippster » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Here ya go, from the Adepticon FAQ:

In The Relic mission, if the relic is dropped because it moves more than 6” in a single phase
then it is dropped from the position where the carrying model began that phase.
[pg. 131, W40KRB]

In the Relic mission, if the model carrying the relic leaves the table for any reason then
it is dropped from the position where the carrying model began that phase.
[pg. 131, W40KRB]

So I suppose your situation could still arise if the night scythe moved first, then the relic got inside, and the nightscythe is either destroyed in the enemies turn or survives and then flies away and crashes. The argument could be made that they did not begin the phase on the board because they are technically in the transport, but I would say the relic is left where the night scythe began its move and the troops hop back into reserves.
DaGrippster

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:59 am

Why can't you guys just admit that I broke the game.... At least Tony gets the argument.....

Necron warriors grab relic and night scythe gets in range so they get in.

Next turn the night scythe already had the warriors embarked so they are not on the table.

The night scythe dies and the warriors: don't ever move more then 6" , the dude holding the relic does not die, and they where not on the board at the start of the turn.

BOOM!!! Game Destroyed! :shock: :lol:

YeezyMozart

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 am

Okay, so, uh, what do we do now?

Anyone play Settlers?
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Kuma » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 am

I think the answer is right here:

in the Relic mission, if the model carrying the relic leaves the table for any reason then
it is dropped from the position where the carrying model began that phase.
[pg. 131, W40KRB]

So warriors have it, get in the nightscythe. since they leave the board, it defaults to where the unit was at the start of the phase, on the ground. pretty simple IMO. They are not "in" the nightscythe. they are in reserves with the option of coming out of that nightscythe.
Kuma

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 am

Yes, sir, I was reading the GW FAQ this morning and saw they fixed it, so that's a big relief. I like croissants but not when they steal my tuna salad! Must be lunch time now.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)