Dreadnoughts assaulting through cover

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Dreadnoughts assaulting through cover

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 pm

I couldn't find anything that said specifically, but do Dreadnoughts suffer the same Initiative penalty that infantry do when assaulting a unit through cover/difficult terrain? I figured they did since they don't have assault grenades, and I know they have to roll difficult terrain tests like infantry, and assault and are assaulted like infantry.

Specific scenario was my Plaguebearers behind an Aegis Line, charged by a Death Company Dread with Talons from outside the wall. My opponent said the Dread didn't have assault grenades so we polled other people there and the consensus was the Dread strikes last just like a regular dude. So my Plaguers got to glance it to death at I2 with the Touch of Rust, which was ever so wonderful :) But I want to verify with other folks.
Lord Krungharr

Re: Dreadnoughts assaulting through cover

Postby seahawk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 pm

You did it right.

"Walkers assault like Infantry models" (p.84)
"As the bulk of the rules are concerned with [infantry]" (p.44)
"if at least one model in the charging unit moved through difficult terrain as part of its charge move, all the of the unit's models must attack at Initiative step 1" (p.22)
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)