CSM Terminators - Power Fists

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

CSM Terminators - Power Fists

Postby cjputrich » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:30 am

Sorry that this may be a newbie type question but....I am a newbie. I play Black Legion and while my army lists may not be the most competitive, they are fun and I love the Abaddon/Black Legion fluff.

So with that said, I want to put Abaddon in a unit of Terminators and throw them in a LR but when looking through their equipment list I discovered the following when it comes to Power Fists:

Any Chaos Terminator may replace their power weapon with one of the following: Power Fist 7 points

But then for the Champion it refers you to the Terminator Weapons list and he can replace his power weapon for a 10 point Power Fist.

Why the disparity? Am I reading this correctly that even though the champion would be "any chaos terminator" his power fist would be 10 pts instead of 7 if I equipped him that way? Just seems kind of ridiculous.
cjputrich

Re: CSM Terminators - Power Fists

Postby RAMSEY » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:12 pm

It is ridiculous but that's the rules. Champions are different like sargents and they have access to different things. They also give the squad a plus on leadership and most times have an extra attack. At that point paying the extra 3 points should be worth it. Not always but should be.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:58 pm

It cost an extra 3 points because the champion can benefit from the chaos boon table if he wins a challenge and he is more likely to win that challenge with a powerfist.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Does the CSM Termie Champ get a bonus attack at all though? No 'Dex in front of me, but I thought they all had base 2 attacks. Do SM Termie Sgts get a bonus attack? They come standard with Fists don't they?

Once I make my CSM Termie squads I'll probably make them all slow and AP2, with a Chainfist, Power axes, a few combi-meltas, with Nurgle or Tzeentch is probably best to survive to Init1.

I've also considered a Slaaneshi unit with Lightning Claws and combi-flamers, which would be more of a good anti-horde/regular infantry list (the Icon of Excess gets pricey but could be worth it especially if Abaddon is in there).
Khorne wouldn't be so bad either for Claws, at least they'd get Rage coming out of a Land Raider, and give them an Icon of Wrath and they can hit hard on the charge whilst rerolling range.
Lord Krungharr

Postby cjputrich » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:25 pm

@ Krungharr - you're right, 2 attacks like the rest of the unit.

I suppose the potential boon table rolls could explain the additional 3 point difference. Either why, depending on how I equip the rest of the unit, definitely still worth it for challenge purposes.
40k Armies
Chaos Space Marines
Dark Angels

Other Games
Fantasy - Skaven
Warmachine - Khador
X-Wing
Infinity - Ariadna
cjputrich

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 am

Yeah, I forgot about the Champion of Chaos rule with all the Daemons hubbub. Plus the Termie Champ can get a Gift of Mutation, often worth it I'd say for 10 points.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)