Chariots and shooting

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Chariots and shooting

Postby seahawk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 am

1. Are Steeds or Screamers part of the "hull"? Why or why not?

2. Are passengers (including "Exalted whatevers") part of the "hull"? Why or why not?

3. How do we determine the AV arc? There aren't really corners.

How I think it is:

1. No. They are not in any part of the definition of "hull", and in many cases aren't even attached or yoked or even the source of motorization.

2. No. Modeled passengers are not "hull" any more than the wyches on a Venom or Raider are.

3. No idea. Halp!

Questions that need answers
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Re: Chariots and shooting

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Hmmmm, since the chariots are on the large oval bases, for simplicity's and no modeling advantage's sakes, say that the hull edge is the base edge. And for determining AV arc, draw lines from the center radiating outward bisecting the quarters made by the long and short elliptical axi?/axes?/axises? (not sure the right word there).

Would it matter if the Chariot riders were part of the hull? If they're embarked they can't be targeted for shooting purposes. And looks like if they get into combat, the Chariot rider is treated as being in base contact with all enemy models in base contact with the Chariot itself. (page 82 BRB). So the rider can be struck by the enemy models, as the rider can strike the enemies.

So my next question would be, can enemy models in base contact with the Chariot decide to strike the Chariot itself rather than the rider?

I didn't ever read the Sweep Attack thing rule before, that could be pretty nasty with an AP2 Khorne Herald on the Blood Throne. Then he could whip around and assault the same unit, AWESOME!
Lord Krungharr

Re: Chariots and shooting

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Oh, and it says that the Crew of a Chariot are considered to be part of the Chariot itself and can never be targeted separately from the vehicle, and cannot attack. So I'd say they are part of the 'hull', but if you use the base edge method, then it won't matter really.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)