Rules questions that came up

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Rules questions that came up

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am

These came up in some games this weekend. How would they be ruled at Adepticon. (so using the Adepitocn FAQ and GW faq as a guide, not what you think the rule should be)

1. Can a Malediction psychic power affect zooming flyers? Ex. Misfortune cast on a Nightscythe. (remember this is how Adepticon will rule it)

2. When a flamer template targets the 2nd floor of a ruin, (templates must target a specific floor when fired into a multi-level ruin) can models on the first floor who are closer to the enemy be removed as casualties.

3. After moving the model, can I choose to snapfire a psycannon at 4 shots or only 2? Ex. A psycannon guy who moved the previous turn fire 2 or 4 snap fire shots at overwatch. 2nd ex. a psycannon guy moves and fires 2-4 snapfire shots at a flyer.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: Rules questions that came up

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:07 pm

I got replies on Dakka.

1. The debate continues. No definitive answer to this one yet.

2. The models closest to the firing unit are removed even if they were never targeted.

3. You can choose to move a purifier and then snap fire 4 shots at any target, the flyer would be the wise choice unless you are using loaded dice.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby DaGrippster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:59 pm

1. I read some of the discussion on dakka. I tend to think that they can affect the flyers, as long as it is not doing damage. That is, the flyer will suffer any adverse affect of the power.

2. That's what I was thinking.

3. Were psycannons changed into salvo weapons in the faq? Interesting thing I didn't realize is that if you shoot a salvo weapon, you cannot assault after.
DaGrippster

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:47 pm

On the Maledicting a Zooming Flyer/Swooping Monstrous Creature, I would say yes. Since Maledictions do not roll to hit at all and are not attacks, then they cannot be said to hit automatically, and therefore circumvent the FAQ rulings regarding hitting Zooming Flyers/FMCs. They affect them automatically, and do not attack, instead just causing effects, assuming the Flyer does not succeed the Deny the Witch roll. That's the way I play it, and everyone else aside from those few people ranting endlessly about it on Dakka Dakka, citing dictionaries and etymology for many pages.
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am

1. Yes, they can affect flyers. Only ranged attacks that do not roll to hit cannot hit flyers.

2. Closest model within range and Line of Sight is the first to die. If you can't see anyone on the bottom floor but can see guys on the second floor, second floor guys die first.

3. Yep, you can fire with either profile. Start of page 51.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)