Okay new FAQ is out someone help me on this one.

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Re: Okay new FAQ is out someone help me on this one.

Postby Frankthetank » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 pm

It is not that it "hard to understand". It is just a rule that allows your shorter ranged weapons allow you to wound models that are out of there range if you have a longer ranged weapon in the unit that you fired. So basically the FAQ just changed would allocation for units that have weapons all of the same range. I think it is very unlikely that rule is intended to allow shorter ranged weapons to wound beyound there effective range by adding a longer ranged weapon to the unit. IE burna boys with mekboy in the unit would allow me to carry over wounds from a flamer templates up to 24". Why is this so hard to understand?
Gary Frank

-Are any of these people available for questioning?
-Not unless you want to stick your head down a tyranid's throat and shout "anyone at home?
Frankthetank

Re: Okay new FAQ is out someone help me on this one.

Postby seahawk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Because the basic rules have allowed that to happen long before this FAQ came out. Page 16. "Out of Range." Again.

You must remember, GW's rules don't always go hand in hand with logic, nor do they assume each model stays completely still during the turns.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Previous

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)