Zombies and Quad Gun

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Zombies and Quad Gun

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 pm

The Plague Zombie rule says they are Chaos Cultists w Fearless, FNP, Slow and Purposeful, no options, and just a close combat weapon. However it does not say they lack a BS, that is, they don't have different stats listed with a BS of 0. Nor did the little FAQ mention anything about them not having a BS, but we know their autopistols are just clubs :)

So what are people's opinions of them manning a Quad Gun? I would vote yes.
Lord Krungharr

Re: Zombies and Quad Gun

Postby swampthing » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:12 pm

zombies manning a quadgun. the first sign of the Zombie apocalypse. I would say yes.
swampthing

Postby seahawk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Quote from a different thread on the same topic:

"Any gun used"
It does not matter if they are holding it, are equipped with it or are manning battlefield debris. If they are using it then they are using it as a club. I think RAI, RAW and fluff are in alignment with this. Zombies are too stupid to pull a trigger, much less find and release any safety, manipulate the controls to adjust yaw and pitch while tracking a target and finally using the correct appendage (which is probably not a finger) to active the firing mechanism. I dare say it would not be a simple thing for one of us to use a quad-.50 today. If they can not even point and shoot a pistol they have no hope in hades of firing a gun emplacement.

No shooting.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/inde ... 66888&st=0
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Hmmm, I usually do go for the RAI, but I sure would love to have zombies manning that Quad Gun, and there are strong cases for and against it. I think we'll have to add this to an INIT FAQ request.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)