haywire affecting super heavies?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

haywire affecting super heavies?

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Does anyone know if haywire affects super heavies?

If so, I don't see how Necrons can't dominate anything big you throw at them. With a double force org, you could in theory attach up to 4 storm-techs to a unit of warriors in a night scythe. That's 16 shots that can't be stopped in the gladiator outside of a very meticulous bubble wrap.

Honestly no titan, gargant or tank would last the turn the unit comes in.

Thanks,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Re: haywire affecting super heavies?

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Should have looked at the forgeworld FAQ, answered my own question.

Haywire only hurts them on a 6. That means that squad of 5 warriors and 4 storm-techs would only do about 2-3 glances on average. Not so scary anymore. You would need 3 to 4 of those units to take down a titan (since every structure point is worth three hull points).

Although the Traveler still might be able to "take over" the vehicle since it is not a psychic power.

Now scarabs on the other hand would be scary sick against a titan. Their entropic strike still lowers armor on a 6+ instead of 4+. 10 scarabs on the charge would eliminate between 5 and 6 points of armor which would make it super easy to take out the titan with str 7 tesla weapons.

Getting the scarabs there would be the challenge. I think super heavies need to be bubble wrapped even more in this gladiator format.

Thanks,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Re: haywire affecting super heavies?

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Maybe we'll just see more superheavy flyers in the Gladiator? If they rule how I hope they'll rule, the Daemon Lords will be Flying Gargantuan Creatures, much like the Harridan already is.

I think everyone expect to see many Necron armies, so maybe that will help some other players to not run them. Perhaps there will even be a new Codex or two before March 15th to mix things up a bit ?!? Probably not likely but we can hope...
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)