And boom goes the dynamite(or vehicle)

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

And boom goes the dynamite(or vehicle)

Postby RAMSEY » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 am

Here's the situation.
I use Oblits with MoN and Epidemus in my CSM/Daemon list. The Oblits shoot and destroy a vehicle with passengers.

Here's the question.
If a vehicle gets blown up from a model with MoN and the passengers take casualties, does that count toward the tally for Epidemus?

I could see that since the Oblits didn't target the passengers that it wouldn't count. On the other hand the caualties were caused by them indirectly so it would count.

What's the ruling here?
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Re: And boom goes the dynamite(or vehicle)

Postby seahawk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 am

The vehicle was not a model with the Mark of Nurgle, nor is it a daemon of Nurgle. No tally bonus.

On the other hand, a Plague Drone is a Daemon of Nurgle, so one of those exploding will go toward the tally...;)
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 pm

That's a toughy....if a whole unit of embarked passengers dies due to an explosion, just for instance, would that count as a Kill Point? If yes, then in Ramsey's example, the exploded passengers would count towards the Tally. If no, then they would not count towards the Tally.
My reasoning would be if the dead unit would count as a Kill Point in that unlikely complete exploded death result, then the enemy caused their death. If they wouldn't count as a Kill Point, it would be because their own vehicle caused their death, not the enemy.

Is that sensible?
Lord Krungharr

Postby swampthing » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 am

-Yes. they count torwards the tally. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If i ever see Epidemius again, I will crush him like a chicken bone, DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!. LIKEA CHICKEN BONE..
swampthing

Postby RAMSEY » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 pm

swampthing wrote:-Yes. they count torwards the tally. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If i ever see Epidemius again, I will crush him like a chicken bone, DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!. LIKEA CHICKEN BONE..

Mmmmmuuuuhhhhhh!!!!
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 pm

I guess I'll have to put a disguise on my Epidemius, never mind that Easter Bunny amidst 20 Plaguebearers I'll have at Adepticon :)
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Incidental effects like that don't give DE units a pain token, so with that precedent they shouldn't add to the tally either. Right?
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby DaGrippster » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 pm

I think since the damage has to directly come from a nurgle model, an exploding vehicle would not count.
DaGrippster

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Hmmm, it does make sense that the exploded deaths would not count towards the Tally with regard to the DE pain token example. Sounds fair that way, since the Nurgleys can get long range firepower now :)
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)