Forests and cover saves

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Forests and cover saves

Postby seahawk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:09 pm

I didn't realize this before, but I reread the rules for Forests/Woods and they don't actually use TLoS, naturally. They've changed from last edition.

"If one or more models in a shooting unit have to trace their line of sight through a forest (because they're shooting at a model beyond the forest) then the model being shot benefits from a 5+ cover save."

That means to me that any LoS line that passes over any part of a forest template produces a 5+ cover save.

So:
- Two models on opposite sides of the forest = cover save.
- Shooter in forest and target is not = cover save.
- Shooter not in forest and target is = cover save.
- Shooter and target are in forest = cover save.

Also note, this applies to vehicles as I read it.

"If a special rule...makes a vehicle obscured even if in the open, this is a 5+ cover save..."

The special rules for the forest say it gains the save, soo...discuss!
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Re: Forests and cover saves

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah, if that's how it reads then it's a sweet green bounty of cover saves.
We can plop traitorous IG tanks with camo netting in forests and not have to take up Aegis Line space with them, and get the same results. More room for autocannons then!
That's in addition to still exploiting the Flamer and/or Screamer spam as an Allied detachment :)
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)