Chaos Space Marine Boon Table Question

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Chaos Space Marine Boon Table Question

Postby allen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 am

Hey all, if a unit champion or character wins a challenge and rolls 21-22 (turns into spawn) or 65-66 (turns into daemon prince), does those two models use the statsof the spawn and daemon prince including full wounds and follow the rules for those models?
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Re: Chaos Space Marine Boon Table Question

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Yes, if the Champion becomes a Spawn with full wounds, retains his Mark of Chaos if he had one, and loses his Warlord Trait.

If the Champion becomes a Daemon Prince it is with full Princey wounds, he loses the Mark and instead becomes a Daemon of the same god as the previous Mark, and retains his Warlord Trait.

The whole Daemon of (name your god) rather than the Mark for Daemon Princes is a little sucky. No more 4+ invul saves for Tzeentch princes (they can't get a Sigil of Corruption either), and no more T6 for Nurgle Princes either. But I do like that WS9 and I8; and a Slaaneshi Prince with the Black Mace is what I'm trying out next weekend. Fleet will help him get into combat faster and tear stuff up! My Khorne Jugger Lord with Fury Axe should do a nice job as well, letting the Spawn take all the wounds til he gets in the kill zone.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)