Space Marines Thunderfire Cannon

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Space Marines Thunderfire Cannon

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 am

I played against a Space Marine army with 3 Thunderfire Cannons a few weeks ago, and the player said each Cannon has 2 wounds at T7 with a 3+ armor save, just like the Quad Gun. Where are the stats for the Thunderfire found? I looked in the Space Marine Codex and GW FAQ and both just have stats for the Techmarine.

Also, in the Codex it states that the Cannon is 'crewed' by a Techmarine. Does this mean the Cannon and Techmarine count as a single unit with mixed saves/mixed toughness? Or when shooting and/or assaulting do I have to specifically target the model I want to hit?

Needless to say, that was an unpleasant game, especially with Lysander droppodding in on my rear flank! :shock:
Lord Krungharr

Re: Space Marines Thunderfire Cannon

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:47 am

Main rule book under artillery. Page 46 I do believe. Your opponent was right and the Thunderfire cannon has been one of the best sleeper units in the game since it came out.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: Space Marines Thunderfire Cannon

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks!

Looks like all I have to worry about is taking out the Techmarine, and then the gun disappears too. That should do it for the Eldar artillery crap too.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)