Nurgle/Deamon Nurgle

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Nurgle/Deamon Nurgle

Postby RAMSEY » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Since the ally rule has come out, I've been toying around useing a Nurgle and deamon list. I have Epidemus the tally man and a squad of PB with my regular list of Nurgle using Abbadon.

My questions are, do the wounds that Abby cause go toward the tally? I mean he is a follower of Nurgle right?(along with the other fractions)
Last edited by RAMSEY on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Re: Nutgle/Deamon Nurgle

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:06 pm

I would say no, Abbadon has the Mark of Chaos Ascendant which grants him the T5. That would be sweet though if he could count towards the Tally. I'd roll him up fast and get 7 wounds right off the bat!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Turtle » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 pm

i would agree that it's a mark of chaos ascendant and not a combination of all 4 (fluff wise it might be that he has them all), but it doesn't specifically state that he has the mark of nurgle.

I'd hold on though who knows what will happen in a month...
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby seahawk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 am

Well, in the description it says he actually has all four marks, and goes on to describe how having the Mark of Tzeentch upgrades his Inv save, and how the other marks are represented in his profile. His mark is indeed a combination of all four, and all four are on him, one might say.

I'd say he benefits from the Tallyman because of that, but then the codex will be changing soon anyway, so we'll see when it gets here.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 pm

if you want to play the english game again seahawk id be more than happy to.

Once again it is very clear
abaddon does not have a mark of nurgle and does not count towards the tally.
Turtle

Postby seahawk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Well, it actually does, but alright ;).

I'll reread it tonight to make sure I didn't misinterpret it.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby seahawk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 am

"...and now bears a unique Mark that combines all of the gifts. Because of the Mark of Tzeentch, the invulnerable save provided by his armor is increased to 4+. The other benefits are included in his profile."

So he has:
- Mark of Chaos Ascendant, which consists of:
--> Mark of Khorne
--> Mark of Nurgle
--> Mark of Tzeentch
--> Mark of Slaanesh

It says right in the rules that the mark consists of all the marks, with the subsequent bonuses gained from each. I mean, it otherwise would simply say something along the lines of "This mark gives +1 to his invulnerable save, +1A, +1T, and +1I" without outright saying that the Mark of Tzeentch is what's giving the bonus.
seahawk

Postby RAMSEY » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:18 am

I agree seahawk. So that would give him the bonuses of the tallyman also. Right?
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby Turtle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:44 pm

except that it doesnt say he has the marks, it says he has melded each of the gifts into a unique mark. which is fluff not rules.

Nowhere in his wargear does it say that he has the MARK of nurgle. Abaddon has the mark of chaos ascendant not all four marks

thus no tally
Turtle

Postby seahawk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm

But he does have the Mark of Tzeentch. It stands to reason that the other marks are there too.
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Turtle is correct, Abaddon does NOT have the Mark of Nurgle in his Special Rules. If you check out the Plague Marine stats, it says they have the Mark of Nurgle in their Special Rules, just like Thousand Sons have the Mark of Tzeentch in their Special Rules. Abaddon only has the Mark of Chaos Ascendant in his Special Rules, therefore his caused woundage does NOT apply to the Tally of Epidemius (unfortunately).

HOWEVER, simple Chaos Marines, Chosen Chaos Marines, Bikers, and Raptors, and Possessed DO have the Mark of Nurgle if they have an Icon of Nurgle in their unit whilst the Icon Bearer lives. So tack on 50 points to any of those squads and see how many more Tally points they can get you. Possessed in a LandRaider with Typhus? Not too shabby!
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Yes, and the Mark of Chaos Ascendant is made up of the four other marks. Why else would it say that he has the Mark of Tzeentch if he doesn't have the Mark of Tzeentch?
seahawk

Postby Turtle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:46 pm

it is not made up of the other 4 marks. It says its made up of the 4 gifts, you typed it yourself

agreed lord k
Turtle

Postby seahawk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Right. So, to get the gift he gets the mark of each god. Hence why it says he has the Mark of Tzeentch, as an example. Unless you're denying that he has that too?

If there was some ability that affected only models with the Mark of Tzeentch, he'd be affected by it, but some ability that only affects models with the Mark of Nurgle does not affect him? That's a dreadfully inconsistent ruling.
seahawk

Postby Turtle » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:32 am

i hate you internet people
Turtle

Next

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)