Daemon vs Daemon; which one?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Re: Daemon vs Daemon; which one?

Postby seahawk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:19 pm

No, every other Daemon in the codex gets the Fear special rule from the FAQ, not the BRB ;).
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Turtle » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 pm

I think that the grinder actually does not get a +5 invulnerable. In the daemon codex it says what the grinder gets and what daemon means to the grinder. In the gw faq it does say that he gets fear in addition to his other rules. It does not say anything about the 5+ invul, just the addition of fear. so my thoughts are that it gets fear but no 5+
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:55 pm

In the most recent WD, with the army updates, the Grinder gets 5++ saves in the battle report. For what that's worth.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:10 pm

I don't think that a battle report worthy of the White Dwarf would report the Grinder getting the 5+ saves if they were not supposed to get them.

I see the FAQ says to add Fear to the Daemonic Forces page, but does that preclude the addition of the BRB Daemon rule effects (including the 5+ invul. save) to all the units with the Daemon special rule? Perhaps, but I guess we'll have to wait til they clear that up again. But for sure the Grinder has Fear, that's something.
Lord Krungharr

Previous

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)