Fortifications and More Questions

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Fortifications and More Questions

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Couple of clarifications needed from the majority.....

Does the Aegis Defense Line grant a 4+ cover save to vehicles in all cases since it says any model behind it gets the cover? Or does the 25% obscured rule for cover still apply to vehicles? It's tall enough of to obscure half a Rhino's height I think unless someone's shooting from higher elevation, but thought I should check.

Also, does any vehicle sitting on top of a Flight Deck/Heli-pad (forgot what it's officially called for the moment) get a 4+ invul save if the edge-walls are up? Or can vehicles even drive up to a second level like that, taking a Difficult Terrain check?

Finally, does the Grey Knight FAQ counting Daemonically Possessed vehicles as Daemon grant the 5+ invul to such vehicles, like my Vindicator, which could really use that? Or does that just mean Grey Knights get to re-whack those models in close combat. Of course if it's sitting up on top of the Flight Pad then maybe it wouldn't need that Daemon save :)

Thanks!
Lord Krungharr

Re: Fortifications and More Questions

Postby seahawk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:55 am

Does the Aegis Defense Line grant a 4+ cover save to vehicles in all cases since it says any model behind it gets the cover? Or does the 25% obscured rule for cover still apply to vehicles?
25%, for the 4+ save.

Also, does any vehicle sitting on top of a Flight Deck/Heli-pad (forgot what it's officially called for the moment) get a 4+ invul save if the edge-walls are up?
Yep, Invulnerable saves are simply granted and don't need 25% because they are not cover saves.

Or can vehicles even drive up to a second level like that, taking a Difficult Terrain check?
No.

Finally, does the Grey Knight FAQ counting Daemonically Possessed vehicles as Daemon grant the 5+ invul to such vehicles, like my Vindicator, which could really use that? Or does that just mean Grey Knights get to re-whack those models in close combat. Of course if it's sitting up on top of the Flight Pad then maybe it wouldn't need that Daemon save
No, that's only for the purposes of killing them in close combat, unfortunately.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)