Shoota Vs Slugga

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Shoota Vs Slugga

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 am

I have had a change of heart with Orks.

I want to take ONLY Shoota Boys in my list @ Adepticon.

But I only have 60 and I need a lot more.

Would it be WYSIWYG if I where to simply spray paint a bunch of shootas bolt gun and then glue them to the backs of all my slugga boys? Not sure if this would fly?
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Re: Shoota Vs Slugga

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 am

I'd so no.

Rather than fulfill the letter of the WYSIWYG rule, you'd be throwing the spirit of the rule out the window. The reason this rule exists is so that your army's composition is visually obvious to your opponent. Having models that cannot be visually distinguished as either slugga or shoota boyz (having the weapons for each) is about as far from meeting this obligation as possible.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Redbeard wrote:I'd so no.

Rather than fulfill the letter of the WYSIWYG rule, you'd be throwing the spirit of the rule out the window. The reason this rule exists is so that your army's composition is visually obvious to your opponent. Having models that cannot be visually distinguished as either slugga or shoota boyz (having the weapons for each) is about as far from meeting this obligation as possible.

That's how I feel about it as well its just impossible for me to get my boxes built and painted by then.

I figured maybe it would be OK since I would only have Shoota boys and I would have no sluggas on the board.

Looks like I might need to borrow your Orks Alex.... do you take beer as payment? :D

How about if I win you can keep what ever I get? :roll:
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

YeezyMozart

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Right, like I need more models... :) How many shoota boys do you need? I think my units all assume that there will be special weapons in there, so I've got 4 blocks of 26, plus 3 specials and a nob.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby GregSwanson » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 pm

I want to watch you in front of Alex put all of his shootas in a plastic bag and then dump them out unto the table....
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby YeezyMozart » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:25 pm

GregSwanson wrote:I want to watch you in front of Alex put all of his shootas in a plastic bag and then dump them out unto the table....

Zip lock bags never go to Adepticon I have my trusty cart making it's third year appearance at Adepticon. That cart is safe and lets me stand up all my orks.

YeezyMozart

Postby DaGrippster » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:14 pm

That cart is awesome but I always felt like it was going to collapse... I hope you fixed it up a little
DaGrippster

Postby Crumpsky » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:05 am

I hope you made a new cart. That one for 3 ft 2 was a death trap. Something a catachan would create.... :lol:
Crumpsky

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)