Void Shields and Multiple Weapons

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Void Shields and Multiple Weapons

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Here's a scenario I am uncertain about: for example, a Storm Raven hits a Warhound Titan with a multi-melta and lascannon. The Titan only has 1 Void Shield remaining. Since the shots are simultaneous, how do we decide which weapon takes out the Void Shield and which one goes against the actual armor?

I just read through the INIT FAQs and I did not see this case addressed. It would be important for the Gladiator to know.
Lord Krungharr

Re: Void Shields and Multiple Weapons

Postby seahawk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 pm

There is no official ruling anywhere for this kinda thing. My solution would be to randomize which hits "first" and then resolve the hits one at a time until the shield goes down.

Remember too, that if the multi-melta is within half-range for the double dice then the titan cannot use void shields to protect against the attack anyway as the shot has to originate more than 12" away from it.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Re: Void Shields and Multiple Weapons

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Yeah, I guess rolling for it is the fairest way.

I forgot about that in-the-shield rule. Thanks for reminding me!
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)