Necron Rules Clarrification

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Necron Rules Clarrification

Postby YeezyMozart » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 pm

This is probably in the INAT but for some reason I can't open it at work very strange?

I am playing a Necrons Army:

FACTS of the Scenario

1) I get first Turn.

2) If I have Imotekh the Storm Caller in my list and it is my first turn. Imotekh Makes the full Game Turn Night fight always on turn one.

3) I have a few Solar Pulses that are able to make the "Player Turn" of my choice Night fight or NOT Night fight.

QUESTION: If I have first turn and use the solar pulse to make it NOT night fight for me on my Player Turn, does the Game Turn's night Fight (Imotekh's Power) still pass over to my player or do I stop Imotekh's powers once I break the night fight?

I would assume the answer is Yes, my opponent would still need to deal with night fight plus Imotekh's power... but just checking
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Re: Necron Rules Clarrification

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:54 pm

If you use a pulse so you can "see" during your turn...

You get no lightning for that shooting phase, but night fight continues in your opponents turn.

This will not end the night fighting for the game, you still roll at the start of each GAME turn to see if the lightning continues.

You really have no need to use a pulse in your opponents turn, since it is night fight, and that would actually turn the lights on, unless of course night fight has ended, then it would turn the lights off (make it night fight) but you dont get your lightning just from pulsing once Imotekhs night fight has stopped.

Hope this helps
Norbu the Destroyer

Re: Necron Rules Clarrification

Postby seahawk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:49 pm

It's not in the INAT or anywhere else because it doesn't need to be.

Relevant rules:

Lord of the Storm
- "Furthermore, you can attempt to keep the Night Fighting rules in play in subsequent game turns by rolling a D6 at the start of the turn.../...If not, the Night Fighting rules cease to be in effect and are not used for the rest of the battle."
- "In addition, whilst the Night Fighting rules remain in play, roll a D6 for each unengaged enemy unit on the battlefield..."

Solar Pulse
- "If the Night Fighting rules are in effect, they cease to apply until the end of the turn."

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking (still pass over to my player? Opponent, you mean?), but here's how it goes (right as the rules say, no less ;)).

Turn 1: Necrons. It's Nightfighting because of the Stormlord, and you poof a Solar Pulse. Just as it says, the effects of the Solar Pulse only extend to the end of the player turn (yours). The Nightfighting rules pop back up on your opponent's turn. The absolute only way to end the Lord of the Storm is as it says in the rule: either by choice (not attempting to keep it in play) or by failing the roll to do so.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)