wraith whip question

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

wraith whip question

Postby The Black Knight » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 am

Necron wraiths have a whip that makes models in base with them init. 1. When is that applied... as soon as the combat starts or when that models initiative would normally come up?

Here was the situation.... death company with Lemartes charged into some wraiths. Lemartes was in base with a model that didn't have the whip and struck first, causing enough wounds that one of the models with a whip got knocked down. Now, were the models that were in base with that wraith restored to their original init, as they weren't in base with the whip any longer, or were they reduced to 1 at the start of combat?
The Black Knight always triumphs.
The Black Knight

Postby seahawk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:15 pm

"Whilst any enemy model is in base contact with a model with whip coils they count their Initiative value as 1, regardless of their actual Initiative value."

That means as soon as and as long as you touch it, you're at I1 and stay there until you leave BTB contact. In your case, the models in BTB are no longer in BTB and their Initiative pops back up.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Baron McCheese » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:15 pm

I had a follow up question to this. How do whip coils affect howling banshees? Thier equipment essentially gives them initiative 10 in CC, but coils would make theirs drop to 1, which rule takes prescedence here? Is this something thats depends on whose turn it is, or which models are in base contact?
Baron McCheese

Postby Turtle » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:17 pm

first round of combat is banshees going at I 10, other rounds thereafter is banshees going at I 1
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Baron McCheese » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 pm

So it doesnt matter who initiates assault.... The banshees would have i10 regardgless? Looks like i should avoid assaulting banshees at all costs then.
Baron McCheese

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)