psych-out grenades

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

psych-out grenades

Postby tg787 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:08 pm

I think this is being played wrong so I thought I would ask what the AWCers think. Right now people are playing it as if it affects a whole squad of grey knights. I think that it works according to the brotherhood of psychers rule and only affects the justicar or a random model.
tg787

Postby GregSwanson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Just my opinion but I think it affects the whole squad
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby seahawk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:27 am

Whole squad. Psykout grenades don't really count as an "attack" persay, thus Brotherhood of Psykers doesn't kick in.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby tg787 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:43 pm

I don't have my codex but it desnt say attack specifially it says all ill effects including perils affect the squad this way. It also doesn't say grey knights are psychers it says grey knight "units" are psychers.
tg787

Postby seahawk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Brotherhood of Psykers:
"The unit counts as a single psyker."

"If the Grey Knight unit suffers the Perils of the Warp, or any attack that specifically targets psykers, it is resolved against the Justicar..."

Psyk-out Grenades:
"When a unit equipped with psyk-out grenades launches an assault, any Daemons or psykers in the assaulted unit(s) are reduced to Initiative 1 for the remainder of the phase."

There are shooting attacks and close combat attacks...what others are defined as such?
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Since the psych-out grenades are not attacks against psykers, then I would say it would affect the entire unit, not only affect the Justicar.... also since the whole unit counts as a single psyker, then the whole single psyker should strike at Initiative 1.

Those psych-out grenades are a good reason not to run my Obliterators with Abbadon as a unit :)
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Well, Abaddon would still strike at his normal initiative, since he is neither a Daemon nor Psyker.
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:07 am

Oh yeah, duh, and the Oblits strike at I1 anyway.

I'm still bringin' the Land Raider for Abbadon though!
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)