Fast vehicles getting immobilized (while fasting)

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Fast vehicles getting immobilized (while fasting)

Postby Stolorg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Hey- so I've gotten this two ways. Here's the question:

what happens to a skimmer when it moves flat out (over 18") and:

A: gets immobilized on that turn (hits DT and rolls a 1, FF from artillery, etc..)

B: gets immobilized by the opponent on the turn following it moving flat out?

Also, as far as crashing- do the guys inside die? or get out with a pinning check?
So a Necron, a Guardsman, and a Firewarrior walk into a space bar...
Stolorg

Re: Fast vehicles getting immobilized (while fasting)

Postby Arander » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:47 am

Stolorg wrote:Hey- so I've gotten this two ways. Here's the question:

what happens to a skimmer when it moves flat out (over 18") and:

A: gets immobilized on that turn (hits DT and rolls a 1, FF from artillery, etc..)

B: gets immobilized by the opponent on the turn following it moving flat out?

Also, as far as crashing- do the guys inside die? or get out with a pinning check?

I'm going to assume that the vehicle in question is carrying passengers.

Scenario A: Skimmer moves flat out, stops over difficult terrain. Rolls a 1 on the difficult terrain test. The skimmer is imobilized, and because it moved flat out, it is then counted as a wreck (pg71). Because passengers may not disembark from a vehicle that is moving flat out (pg70), the passengers are then immediately destroyed under this scenario.

Scenario B: Basically exactly the same as Scenario A. The vehicle is still a wreck, but because it is a new turn, the passengers can disembark normally, only having to take a normal pinning check.

Hope that helps.
Arander

Postby seahawk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Who's told you different John? That's how we've always done it (Arander's explanation) as that's what it says in der rules.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Stolorg » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 am

I've had ppl insist that the passengers are immediately killed both the current and following turn a vehicle moves flat out, so I figured I'd ask again here to make sure.
So a Necron, a Guardsman, and a Firewarrior walk into a space bar...
Stolorg

Postby seahawk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:14 am

A good smacking with the BRB is in order whenever that happens ;).
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Arander » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Stolorg wrote:I've had ppl insist that the passengers are immediately killed both the current and following turn a vehicle moves flat out, so I figured I'd ask again here to make sure.

The current turn yes, I would agree with them.

However the following turn, well that's just a no. I don't remember where exactly, but look in the rulebook for what constitutes a 'turn'. I'm pretty sure that unless specifically stated otherwise, a turn consists of a single player's turn. So once your turn is done, a new turn starts with your opponents movement phase.
Arander

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)