wreck

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

wreck

Postby cacophonic_76 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:09 pm

I had an opponent say that once you disembark from a wreck you can move into the wreckage as part of the disembarkation. I have always thought they had to be placed outside the wreck as if they had actually disembarked the vehicle in a normal way. To not argue I said fine but they moved in dangeours terain so check for that. Again he says they are not moveing so no check needs be made. the judges agreed with me and still he contested his point. I have not had many horrible opponents so I have been pretty lucky.

thoughts?
cacophonic_76

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Your opponent may have been getting the damage results confused.

When you roll a "Destroyed - Wrecked" result the rule is very clear. The passengers disembark and take a pinning test. Then the rule specifically says AFTER THIS the vehicle becomes a wreck. The passengers would end up where they disembarked. They can't disembark onto the wreck because at that point in the sequence the wreck is still technically a vehicle.

When you roll a "Destroyed - Explodes" result the rule specifically says that the passengers are placed where the vehicle "used to be."

So you were right and he was wrong.
Brian

Postby cacophonic_76 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 pm

I wish he had been getting it confused. he was very specific about it. he said you can disembark on top of the wreck even though the judge told him he could not. he ruined my whole morning argueing with the judge and causeing the game to go over length.
cacophonic_76

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)