Obliterators Count as Daemon ruling for Chaos Marines units

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Do Obliterators get Eternal Warrior because of Count As Daemon ruling?

Yes, they count as Daemon so ALWAYS get Eternal Warrior
14%
Yes, BUT only when playing against Grey Knights
14%
No, Grey Knights just get Preferred Enemy against them
71%

Total votes : 14

Obliterators Count as Daemon ruling for Chaos Marines units

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:09 pm

So we have conflicting opinions about Obliterators getting Eternal Warrior, now that the GW thing on Grey Knights says they count as Daemon.
Here's the GW post again:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... s_v1_0.pdf

It doesn't say they count as Daemon only when playing GKs, it just says they count as Daemon.

ATTENTION AWC RULE COUNCIL, PLEASE RESOLVE THIS BEFORE the August 20th Tournament at the Bunker, and especially BEFORE ADEPTICON !!!!

Thanks!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Yes they are Daemons and Grey Knights get preferred enemy against them, but that is the only rule they get. They don't get anything else from the Daemon codex.

Think of it this way, if Obliterators are now Daemons and get eternal warrior like you say, then they would have to arrive on the table by Daemonic Assault. Why would they just get eternal warrior and not anything else.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm

That's a good point; however....

In the Daemons Codex it's defined as the Fearless/Eternal Warrior/Invulnerable/Daemonic Assault, but it does say 'everything in this army'; so if the Daemon special rule was defined separately rather than a Daemons Codex specific rule, that would be much better clarification.

Of course I will still hope for a ruling that they get it:)
Either way, they're good for blasting everything!
Lord Krungharr

Postby DragonBait » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:07 am

Still trying to apply rules from one codex to another. Does that make the Eldar Avatar a daemon in the same way and gets all the codex: chaos daemons special rules?
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

It's a bigger deal if they really were deamons...proper

Postby Chubs » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:21 am

GK only should get perferred against them. It's the GK faq, not the Chaos marine/Eldar/DarkEldar FAQ. Codex faq don't alter other codexs.

Right, so you want to explore making other units Deamon Chaos deamons?

The scary parts of being a deamon. Fearless/Eternal Warrior/Invulnerable/Daemonic Assault.

Oblits with EW... really? You want to play that game? Daemonic assault aside, Oblitz would once again become some of the most hated units in the game. Enjoy your re-roll to hit GK, EVERY other army is going to take a punch in the face. Sure Strike squads have Anti-DS abilities, but what about other armies?

But it's not oblits with EW that is so, sooo very tasty. Deamonic Assualt with... new deamons.
*deamonic possesion vechicles. Assualt Vechicles. lucius style. Rhino's aren't too shabby either...
*lesser deamon, possible turn one assualt
*Avatar, turn one. DS Any game, everygame.
*Greater Deamon... what? kinda breaks it's rules for entering the game.
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:33 am

Ah, yes, the can of worms is open!

That's why the special Daemon rule needs a separate definition if GW is saying that units NOT in the Codex:Daemons count as Daemon.

Every unit in the Codex:Daemons Army has to use Daemonic Assault, but should that mean every unit that counts as Daemon have to deploy the same way?
Right now, looks like most people seem to say yes, if they're getting the Eternal Warrior then of course they should have to deploy with Daemonic Assault. But this of course cannot work with a Chaos Marines army in the normal Codex:Daemons way, splitting waves, etc. So then the Daemon units would logically have to be held in reserve and then Deepstrike when available (the Avatar, Decapitator, Daemonhosts too.....)

But that's all too ridiculous I suppose, so if we say the Codex:Daemons defnition of Daemon is THE ONLY definition of what Daemon means, then I must reluctantly conclude that my dearest Obliterators would not get the Eternal Warrior since (although they can Deepstrike) other units counting as Daemon according to the GK FAQ cannot deploy like a Daemonic Assault....DAMMIT

Is this how lawyers sound?
Lord Krungharr

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:58 pm

A Chaos Land Raider with Daemonic Possession that can deep strike on turn 1. Put Abbadon in it with 8 Berzerkers and they have a chance to assault on the top of turn 1. It's risky as all heck, but that's chaos.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:05 pm

I would have to say no way to giving Oblits eternal warrior, or the greater deamon for that matter. GK get preferred enemy as per FAQ, and no where in the Chaos Marines codex does it give them eternal warrior.

Just my take.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Damn, I didn't notice the Greater Daemon doesn't get EW. Of course at T6 that helps avoid Instant Death in most situations.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Lord Krungharr wrote:Damn, I didn't notice the Greater Daemon doesn't get EW. Of course at T6 that helps avoid Instant Death in most situations.

A solid Strength D hit will fry his bacon. Fry it good.
Brian

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Yeah, I'll be making plenty of that next April at Adepticon...Hooray for the Gladiator!
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)