Hit and Run

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Hit and Run

Postby Crumpsky » Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 pm

So the rules say that hit and run is done at the end of the assault phase. My question is, if you are able to remove the entire unit during the assault phase can you hit and run after?
Crumpsky

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Tue May 17, 2011 12:35 pm

I dont believe so as it is covered under combat resolution. Hit and run is after combat resolution, but there is no unit to hit and run from. It does suck if you were planning on getting the "potential" extra movement.

You will have to plan an assault that you "barely" win and pull a couple punches so you can hit and run.

Greg should know he runs some sort of white and red marines with hit and run....I think its some sort of counts as Dark Angel Ravenwing army. :D
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby GregSwanson » Tue May 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Yes Hans you are correct if the unit your are assaulting is wiped out there is nothing to hit and run from. It states you must be locked in combat at the end of the assault phase for this to happen. If you have wiped out your opponent you are no longer locked in combat.
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby Crumpsky » Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Ok, I figured as much. Thanks guys.
Crumpsky

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)