Choas Icons for Choas Space Marines

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Choas Icons for Choas Space Marines

Postby Depayen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:00 pm

I am trying to understand something. I know you can purchase a personal icon no problem there. I had someone trying to tell me if a squad which has purchase a mark of their god or choas undivided they have an icon if so where does it say this? The only thing I see is personal icon for deep striking.

Situation was plague marines had no personal icon. the person was claiming they have the mark of nurgle therefor have an icon. I don't think it is true if so help me understand.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby Crumpsky » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Plague marines, Khorne berzerkers, slannesh noise marines, and thousand sons all DO NOT have a marker. They already have the marks built into their stats.

If the person uses a squad of chaos space marines (regular version) and gives them a mark they NEED to have a model holding the mark of chaos. They will then benifit from the mark until the marine holding the mark is killed or the game ends.

Does this help?
Crumpsky

Postby seahawk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Marks and icons are entirely seperate and different from each other in every single way.

All cult troops have the relevant mark, but not the icon. They have the option for an icon.

All regular CSM have the option for an icon. There are 5 to choose from, and each gives a different mark, except for Undivided.

Characters can be given marks and personal icons, but again they are entirely seperate from each other.

Daemon Princes can only take a mark, never an icon.

The rules for marks are on page 25, and the rules for icons on page 81. That person was incorrect.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)