Ork- Gladiator rules clarification

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Ork- Gladiator rules clarification

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 pm

I looked for this in the FAQ's but couldn't manage to find it at work... I will look more but I was wondering if anyone just knew the call.

Can a Mekboy repair a weapon from inside a vehicle or does he have to get out into base contact?

Can a Mekboy with tools repair a weapon on a Stompa as it normally can with other vehicles?

Makin my list checking it twice.
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby n00bzilla99 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes to both.

1.) The space marine FAQ's just ruled that a techmarine inside a vehicle can attempt to fix it. Using that as a precedent, a mekboy may attempt to fix a vehicle from within.

2.) Is the stompa a vehicle? Yep. Therefore it can fix a weapon destroyed result on the stompa, even if inside it. It's a pretty powerful tactic if you can't destroy the stompa.

Hope it helps.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby YeezyMozart » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Helps a lot Thanks

I just decided to take a Big Mek for sure and hide him in the Stompa because that along with the cover save is just ridiculous. Well i guess its not that bad when facing strength D that just says screw cover and hulled down.

Looking forward to the gladiator this year the mission primers are much better then last year. I love how hard it is to truly get full points in the games.

Anyone doing the Gladiator this year other then me? Bringing anything fun? I know Carlson is bringing a different Stompa then me. And Tony Grapandosouros will be in it? Wonder if Redbeard is gonna use that huge chicken of his?
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

YeezyMozart

Postby Redbeard » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm feeling burnt-out on 40k, and after 8 games Friday/Saturday, I'm really thinking about just playing Bloodbowl on Sunday to preserve my sanity.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm bringing my Daemons again but with my scratchbuilt Slayer of Souls. Really tough to make a list when nearly half of it is the HQ but he's such a cool ass model I gotta use him dammit!

I need more practice so if anyone wants to play a Gladiator primer on a Sunday or weeknight at the Bunker let me know. I can get there by noon on Sundays or by 6pm on weeknights.
Lord Krungharr

Postby YeezyMozart » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 am

I would be willing to have some games in with you only problem is I still haven't finished the army.

Well as far as gladiator I have nothing even built yet so I would have to proxy a lot of stiff. I have been working on team tourney stuff and my ork 1850 a lot. If you don't mind i would be totally down for a game.

I am not sure where you live but if you have ever heard of a store called Games Plus its in Mount Prospect they have a good set up there and I can go there any night after 6pm they are always open till like 11pm for gaming so let me know.

YeezyMozart

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Cool, I don't mind playing proxies at all. I've heard of the Games Plus but never been there. I'll look it up, get directions, etc. and see when we can schedule it. That's real nice that they're open late though.

Thanks!
talk to you soon,
from Nathan
Lord Krungharr

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)