Eldar Pathfinders

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Eldar Pathfinders

Postby Hero Jones » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Their rule states that on a roll to hit, their sniper rifles become an AP 1. To make a long story short; I was shooting at a Viper with my Pathfinders and rolled a 5 to hit, then rolled a 6 to get a rending then rolled a 3 for the D3 rending hit. So got an 11 against armor 10. A penetrating hit.

I then rolled a 3 for the result...which goes to a 4 because of being open-topped. But then I mentioned I was AP 1 because of my rule, to which my opponent directed me to the Big Book where it says all rending hits are AP 2. I argued my rule gave me AP 1, and that the codex overrides the Big Book. So it would have been dead with a 5.

So what is the ruling on this? Am I right or was he? Thanks!!!

HJ
Hero Jones

Postby Elthniar » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

BRB, pg. 31: "Any to wound roll of 6 with a rending weapon automatically causes a wound, ..., and counts as AP2. Against vehicles, an armour penetration roll of 6 allows a further D3 to be rolled, with the result added to the total score."

You will be AP 1. Rolling a 6 against a vehicle is not "causing a wound" so that rule isn't relevant in this situation anyways. And against models with wounds there is no difference between AP 1 and AP 2 so it is irrelevant there as well.
Elthniar

Postby seahawk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Agreed. Codex > BRB, and it's AP 1, simple as that.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby moonshadow13 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:58 pm

its AP 1 as per the codex you were right (its AP 1 on a 5 or 6 when you roll to hit)

the 6 on the rolling to wound just gives you an extra 1d3 of penatration for your AP1 shot.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)