Wrecked Vehicle

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Wrecked Vehicle

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 am

I played a game last night and me and my friend were unsure of a rule.

If a vehicle gets wrecked (so no explosion) in assault phase and the vehicle is surrounded all around, what happens to the guys inside?

I felt that they are destroyed because there is nowhere for them to go.

But the "Emergency Disembarkation" Rule says something about the unit being able to jump out 2" from anywhere around the hull.

Then the Games workshop FAQ mentions that a unit can never go through another unit but doesn't say anything about th unit just sitting on top of the wrecked vehicle.

I felt that since the explosion and the disembarkation all happen together the vehicle is still a model at the time and the guys can't get on top of it.

So i still think they are destroyed in this example, but I wanted to get a second opinion, since I have already had someone disagree with me.

Thanks

Alan
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby seahawk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:34 am

Sequence of events (it's not all simultaneous):

1. Damage rolls made, Wrecked comes up.
2. Passengers disembark, take pinning test.
3. Vehicle becomes wrecked.

Since two models cannot possibly exist in the same spot, and the passengers get out before the vehicle becomes wrecked, they cannot get on top of the vehicle. They'd be completely destroyed by the surrounding unit.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Hero Jones » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Seahawk hit it right on the head. Unit inside is dead.

HJ
Hero Jones

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)