Adepticon Team Event rule

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Adepticon Team Event rule

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:21 am

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but if one team has a Librarian and a Rune Priest on their side and an enemy psychic power goes off within range of both of them, can that team attempt to nullify the power with both a psychic hood and a runic weapon?

I know hoods and runic weapons do not stack in this way individually, but GW lets abilities with different names stack and the team event is the only chance for this to happen
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby seahawk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:18 am

Well, all I can say is that it was denied to me to be able to use two hoods (a SM one and a GK one) though it was entirely legal to do so. I'd err on the side of not getting anything :? .
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 am

The only "double dispell" I can think of is from the "Easy button codex" aka Wolves where you can have a runepriest attempt to dispell and if the target unit has a wolf talisman they get a 5+ attempt to dispell. A 4+ then 5+ knocks 66% of the powers out.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Why can you do that? Is it in an FAQ somewhere? If not, I'd have to say it doesn't work, as other codexes with similar effects don't allow stacking of multiple saves (for example, a WH inquisitor's retinue w/ penitent cannot use both that save and a hood).

The general rule of thumb for all these effects is pick one and that's what you get. I see no reason to assume anything stacks without explicit text saying it does.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Crumpsky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Redbeard- I would assume that the double dispel would work if the Rune Priest is not in the unit but is in range to dispel. Assuming the spell is targeting the Wolf Lord then he would get to use the WTT to dispel it himself.

But if there is no rule for this type of situation then it would probably come down to the opponent/rule judge.
Crumpsky

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)