Ruling for GBU this weekend

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Ruling for GBU this weekend

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 am

I have a question that came up on another site and I'd like to know how it will be played at the GBU this weekend.

Do multiple Wolf Tail Talismans stack? Can a unit of Wolf Lords, all with WTT, take multiple WTT 5+ saves to nullify a psychic power that affects a unit of them?

I'm inclined to say no because GW is FAQ'ing most everything to not stack in this way. The closest comparison I can think of is again with Space Wolves. If multiple Rune Priests are in range of a psychic power, then only one of them can attempt to use their runic weapon to nullify the power.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby n00bzilla99 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Fred,

While i'm not sure what exactly Tim will say, I will answer as best I can, collaborate with him and give our exact answer. Tim usually doesn't check the boards frequently enough to get this in time.

I'm inclined to agree with you. The only thing that in recent memory still stacks are Eldar Autarch's.

I have read the FAQ and the Errata corrected it to say "If one or more models is within 24" of a model with a Runic Weapon, roll a dice..." Which seems to prevent stacking as you say.

This leads me to believe that a Wolf-Talisman works the same way.

My reasoning is that the Wolf Tail Talisman functions like a poor-mans runic weapon and as such you get one chance per power to nullify it with the talisman.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)