Combat squads and NON-dedicated transports...

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Combat squads and NON-dedicated transports...

Postby Zero_Cool » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:10 am

I have not been able to find the rule in the BBB or in the FAQ, please site some specifics if possible on this scenario:

10 Blood Angel Assault marines (no jump packs) take a Razorback as a dedicated transport. Can I combat squad the unit, deploy 5 marines into the Razorback and then deploy the other 5 into a non-dedicated transport vehicle (in this case it will be a Storm Raven). All models will be deployed on the table during deployment so no reserves issues.

Yes, I understand that I could simply leave the second 5 man squad out of the transport and jump in on the first turn, but I would rather have them mounted up from the start.

Thanks
Zero_Cool

Postby n00bzilla99 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:39 pm

I don't see the issue in this, even with the new BRB faq rulings.

1. You've declared the combat squads during deployment.
2. You've deployed 1 of 2 of the combat squads in the dedicated transport purchased for that unit.
3. You can now deploy the other combat squad from the original squad normally as well, and one of the normal deployment rules states that you can enter a non-dedicated transport before the game starts.

So yes, you can do this in my opinion. You're following procedure down to the letter I believe.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)