Vehicles Locked in Combat

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Vehicles Locked in Combat

Postby GrouchoM07 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:41 pm

I was stunned during this month's tournament to find out that if a vehicle is immobilized during an assault that it's considered to be locked in combat. That just seems so wrong to me but that's not my question.

If a transport carrying troops is immobilized, do the troops inside have to join the assault if they get out of the vehicle? Would they get the bonus for charging? I'm at work today so I can't look up any rulebooks. Thanks.
I reject your reality and substitute my own ...
GrouchoM07

Postby DragonBait » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:48 pm

If a player assaults a vehicle (non-walker) on their turn, and then on the following turn the vehicle's controller doesn't or can't move it away and out of base contact, then the other players gets to attack it during the assault phase (with automatic hits since it didn't move too!). If there's room for units inside to disembark and move, etc....then they can do whatever they want. A vehicle (again non-walker) can't be locked in combat. You can shoot or assault whatever squad previously assaulted your vehicle, since unless there's another unit involved they are not locked in combat either. Hope that was clear and that it helped.
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

wheres it written?

Postby cacophonic_76 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:18 am

I was trying to use this at another tourniment, and was at a loss to find it in the inat or the errata. Please help
thanks
cacophonic_76

Postby seahawk » Tue May 24, 2011 9:39 am

It's in the rules for Vehicles and close combat. Vehicles are never locked in combat...but as Dragonbait stated if they didn't move away then they can be struck again in the Assault Phase.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Turtle » Tue May 24, 2011 2:02 pm

to clarify that, vehicles without WS are never locked in combat
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby cacophonic_76 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:20 pm

found it under the vehicle assault part of the main rule book which is what was quoted earlier by dragon, but I was unable to back this up at a recent tourni because I forgot where it was written. thanks for the help :)
cacophonic_76

Postby DragonBait » Wed May 25, 2011 12:09 am

Sorry about not finding the pages. I meant to after I had the rulebook handy, but plain forgot about it. Glad you got it squared away though
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)