Counter charges?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Counter charges?

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 am

Counter Charge

If it is my opponents turn and I have units that are surrounded by other units for example a hive tyrand surrounded by guants and the guants get charged do I make the counter charge right away? Pulling the squad 6 " towards the assaulting party? There by allowing something else to then take advantage of the open space and assault the hive tyrant?

Or does the opponent have to make all his charges and then I make all my counter charges into his units "Pile in"?
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby seahawk » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:19 am

Do you mean Counter Attack or Pile In? I guess either way it's the same thing though.

When a unit assaults, once its move is done the defenders react by moving up to 6" to get into BTB contact. It's all explained in the Assault Phase section (I'd clarify more but I don't have my BRB with me).
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Crumpsky » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 am

I was always under the opinion that you declare all your charges at the beginning of the turn. And that you make your counter charges after the opponent has declared all of his charges.

But the BRB trumps all so I would check that to be 100% sure.
Crumpsky

Postby LordSeverus » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 pm

you wait till all assaulters have moved then make all pile in movements. Pg. 34 under defenders react.
LordSeverus

Postby DragonBait » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Yeah it's not unit by unit. The assaulting players does ALL of their assault moves before any opponent does their reactions. No piling in first so another unit can't reach you =P
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)