Eldar Holo-fields

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Eldar Holo-fields

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Do the Eldar holofields provide a 4+ save against all kinds of attacks or just against shooting attacks? I couldn't find anything in the INITFAQs about it.
Lord Krungharr

Postby n00bzilla99 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:30 pm

They don't do either. Holo-Fields make the opposing player roll 2D6 and pick the lowest for determining results on the damage table.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Oops, I meant the Eldar Titan Holo-field in the Apocalypse book.
Thanks!
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:19 am

All attacks, if I remember right. It says what you get it for right in the book.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Yeah, it just says 'against attacks'. I was hoping someone clarified later as just shooting attacks, but oh well. Just gotta do extra hammering to nail the Space Elf coffins shut:)
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:13 am

Just looking it over here, it says "Every time a hit is scored against...bla bla...If a titan didn't move in the previous turn, it does not get this holo-field save."

So yes, clearly says any hit. Just scored a driver stunned and it gets no holo-field save!
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)