Grenades

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Grenades

Postby Depayen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:34 am

This came up in a Dark Eldar Game. My question is this in the codex for instance. Under the wyches section that the entire squad may be armed with: Haywire grenades * pts. per model. The way I see it it cost you *pts per model for the entire squad to have them be it 5 or 10, every model. What I am noticing is people are takeing them for 1 to 3 wyches only. What is the community take on this?
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby rosco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:43 am

it clearly says the entire squad so it's not a legal unit with a portion having the grenades.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby seahawk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:28 am

Right. It doesn't say "Part of the squad may be armed with" or "Each wych can take the following," it simply says "the entire squad may be armed with" so it's either all or none, just like every codex previously. Any other "interpretation" is against the rules.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Depayen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 am

This was my thought also I just wanted to see what the community thought before I started calling it on them incase I was missing something.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)