Hey, try this some time

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Hey, try this some time

Postby CmdrVimes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:44 am

My son and I have been trying something wierd lately. We took out the 2nd Ed mission cards and the victory point table but play with 5th Ed rules otherwise. Makes for some interesting games and the Victory point totals make more sense than kill points but are less complicated than 3rd and 4th Ed. Of course you do need the tables from the Dark Millenium book.
Len C.
CmdrVimes

Postby Brian » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Huh, interesting idea.

I'm going pull mine out of their box at the bottom of my closet and have a look.

I don't miss the 2nd edition rules (4 turn games and assault phases that dragged on for-freaking-ever) but I loved the components.
Brian

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Dig up the Foot of Gork template too and see if that's useable somehow in 5th edition.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Brian » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Lord Krungharr wrote:Dig up the Foot of Gork template too and see if that's useable somehow in 5th edition.

The Orks have a psychic power that uses the small blast template. The foot template could probably be substituted. The two are about the same size so it wouldn't drastically change the way the power works.

Only problem is: nobody really uses Weirdboyz. The other two Ork HQ choices are just too good.
Brian

Postby CmdrVimes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 am

Ya, too bad Wierd Boys are HQs. If they were Elite I'd probably use one in most games because they are cool. Don't really see them as leaders like Far Seer or a Librarian.
Len C.
CmdrVimes

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)