fortune/doom into assault?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Can I do it?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes : 15

Postby the_obeast » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:49 am

actually, there are 7 ways to fail a POW test- 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, and 666(OMG). thene there are all the ways to fail; 555, 556, 566, 666. That's more than a 0% chance to fail.
And my farseer with the upgrade costs 85 pts wiht one power, with 2 that rockets up to at least 125, and throughout all this he can't defend himself in CC for very long, unlike a Librarian, who at least has a power weapon.
rofl.
the_obeast

Postby n00bzilla99 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Um, thats still only 7/216 which = 3.2% A librarians chance is 5.5%, you fail less still for POW.

To fail completely you fail 10/216 permutations which = 4.6%, a librarian fails 8.3% of the time, still almost a double shot at failing. You are still superior when casting powers.

I didn't talk about Close Combat here.
Check out my band Brotherhood Sidekicks on Soundcloud!

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby the_obeast » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 pm

I was talking about the non-upgraded farseer originally.
even so, 4.6% is not exactly almost 0% :P

Getting back to teh main topic:
yes, some of my units are cheesetastic. There are some in every army.

why shouldn't a T3 squad be able to wound a ton? they die easily anyways, as any tank will tell us.

and please correct me if I'm wrong, but only a few eldar units are multipurpose: the Falcon, the Dire avengers, and the autarch. Not much else gets close to the multipurposeness of these units.

now to get back to the REAL topic: anyone else have views on doom?
rofl.
the_obeast

Postby n00bzilla99 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Don't forget your faggy warp spiders who can blow up tanks and wound infantry on 2+ pretty much.

4.6% is close to 0% then mine is.

why shouldn't a T3 squad be able to wound a ton? because they are guardsmen in that respect, and at str 3? why should they be able to wound a ton at STR3 T3 thats garbage, if it was like that for guardsmen AT ALL, we would cost more than 6 points for sure, but your points costs for a warp spider who is a STR3 T3 guy with a STR6 gun is not enough, IMO a warp spider is like an assault marine with a gun on steroids, he should cost 30 points per model especially since he can move in the assault phase if he wants as well.

dire avengers? the only purpose they seem to have is dieing, but correct me if i'm wrong but last game we played they lost all 8 of their members to a SINGLE flamer model, without killing a guy of my own, they suck.

the autarch? once again, getting his butt kicked must constitute as "multi-purpose" and if so, he "excels" at it, he managed to down 1 Death Company marine before he got killed. wow, you killed 5 points vs me killing your 130 or so.

falcon? that dies pretty easy with some lascannon fire. as demonstrated in our game as well.

to be on the "real" topic

doom sucks, it didnt help you at all in our game.

guide is the way to go.

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby the_obeast » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:34 am

why sould WS be so good? because they cost 22 pts each. so they shoudl be able to kill at least 4 guardsmen each. and if they costed 30 pts he would probably have a better stat line, seeing as if they get assaulted they will be tied up for most of the game at best.

and yes, the autarch sucks when he gets charged. But when he charges, he is insane.(as in 3-4 death company members dead insane)

and yes, my DA sucked that game. they usually do, but I don't have anywhere else to sink the points.
and yes, falcons do die when shot with 3 lascannons and a missile- actually it got immobilized, then crashed.

and doom or guide don't help when you assault my farseer on turn 2....
and then he lives until turn 5.....
against 2 death company members....
same with the S3 autarch....
rofl.
the_obeast

Postby n00bzilla99 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:38 am

No, they need to cost 30 points per model because they are so garbage, who has a str 6 gun????!?!!2! thats ridiculous, who needs a str gun unless you are light tank hunting?

you are full of crap, you were the one who didn't charge when you had the chance, I don't know why you didn't so that is enough of this "If he charges hes better" no duh, but you didn't charge so you suffer the effects of him sucking.

i've got a place for you to sink those points, guardians, or wraithguard, they at least can do something to me.

i assault your farseer turn 3 fool. so the assaut was 2.5 turns long. lets see 2 DC models against you, without a charge bonus, I just couldn't rend that game.

the autarch didn't manage to kill a single death company marine, the farseer managed to stab one.

pathetic

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby the_obeast » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:44 am

str 6 gun????!?!!2!

what's with the 2????

umm, your death company charged 17" to get to my rangers, then consolidated 5" into him. so I couldn't have charged you.

and warp spiders are garbage because you never shoot them. You shot them wiht 1 landspeeder, got maybe 4 wounds, and my 3+ armor decided to save for once. your 3+ armor certantly helped against my DA bladestorm that had absolutely no effect.

why would I buy guardians?????? they are so much worse than DA, plus they don't fit in a transport.

you assaulted my rangers on T2, then instantly consolidated into my farseer- on turn t2, not 3. and yes, an autarch is pathetic when he doesn't charge.
rofl.
the_obeast

Postby n00bzilla99 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:47 am

its for flavor.

well that sucks, but you lost out on that one, you had a chance to charge me, don't lie.

i could pump a ton of shots into them but with like 4 casualities they would still be able to shoot like 4 shots which is unfair. sucks that your DA blow.

guardians at least are a cheap unit that can do something, as opposed to dire avengers who are USELESS.

we didn't start fighting til turn 3, so it started on Turn 3.

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

Postby the_obeast » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:30 pm

no, I couldn't assault, so I am not lying.
my autarch was over 18" away, so he could not assault unless I used the garbage fleet rule.

anyways,
does no one else have any input on doom???????????
rofl.
the_obeast

Postby Mad Jack Deacon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:13 pm

You guys need to just cut to the chase and go rent a room.

Sheesh...
Mad Jack Deacon.

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Mad Jack Deacon

Postby Carrick » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Mad Jack Deacon wrote:You guys need to just cut to the chase and go rent a room.

Sheesh...

Excellent! :lol:
Adepticon '08 - Sixth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Adepticon '09 - Ninth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Carrick

Postby lixulan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

p52 BBB

"unless specified otherwise, psychic abilities are subject to the usual shooting rules ..."

fortune specifies how it is to be used so it does not use the shooting rules.

p44 says you can not "shoot" into close combat (
so there for you can not use a counts as shooting power to fire into a close combat), but fortune is not a counts as shooting power so this does not apply either.

p20 is where it says it block line of sight past it. take note of the fact it does not say you can not "target" a unit in close combat.

so fortune does not require line of sight neither does doom. both specifically say how they are used. choose a (model/target) within (6/24)" and you can doom 2 differnt units in the same turn as doom is not a "counts as shooting" power.
lixulan

Postby lixulan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:15 pm

the_obeast

dude you need to read the rules, in the codex it specifically says that 10 man squad of eldar fit in a wave serpent.

second you dont fail on a 111,112,113,114,115,116, the power still goes off you just soak a perils of the warp in addition to the power.
lixulan

Postby the_obeast » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 pm

dude you need to read the rules, in the codex it specifically says that 10 man squad of eldar fit in a wave serpent.

ummm....
WHAT??????????
actually, is can fit 12 guys, not 10.

and I know that the power works but I was saying those are the wawys to suffer POW
rofl.
the_obeast

Postby n00bzilla99 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:52 pm

Uncalled for Mad Jack Deacon

G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
n00bzilla99

PreviousNext

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)