Terrain for next year

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Postby WhiteRaven » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:31 am

Terrain was amazing! Themes kept the games lively...and the way they had the 40k tables setup made it feel like each game was a small skirmish that was part of a big battle each round.

Things that were especially good:

Moveable trees. The area terrain base with seperate trees made my weekend. Getting things into cover without having to scratch up my models or lay them on thier sides was awesome!

Flat hills. The sheer faces of the hills rather than slops helped a lot for the same reason in using them (little to no balancing). The layered sets helped to make it easy to remember which heights for which peices.

At least 1 marquee peice per table. Each table had a wonderful peice on it that seemed to make the battle a strategic place worth fighting over. Nothing as dismal as finding an open barren grassy field to bleed on (sorry Fantasy players but its true).

Xenos/Imperium blend. This was exceptional. With all the bug lists floating around there was some awesome action for lists that seemed right at home in the terrain.

What I'd like to see more of:
There was a industrial ruins set (elevated train bridge ruin, factory ruins) all done in grey's and metallics that looked absolutely fantastic!

Hiveworld ruins. Anyway to make a battle field feel like a burned out husk of a hive would be great.

Other suggestions:
Exodite Eldar village.
Eldar Craftworld.
Tau Space port.
Marine Lunar planetary defense fortification.
A volcano/molten world straight out of Cassus Belli's display base.
More water peices (saw one game where the water was green and they treated it as acid!!)

Good Luck. Hope this helps.
Regards,
WR
WhiteRaven

Postby SirNotInThisFilm » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Matthias wrote:
SirNotInThisFilm wrote:I'd take it.

My thoughts exactly.

:( you outrank me.
SirNotInThisFilm

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2007