Terrain for next year

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Terrain for next year

Postby fyrblckdragon » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:06 pm

Ok Guys-

Another year down, and as I begin to work on terrain for next year, I want feedback, on what you liked/didn't like. For example, do you like the themed table approach, or would a GT-style 2 hills, 2 trees, 1 building (or somesuch formula) be better?

I want to have your thoughts (good or ill) on what you want. I can build terrain until the cows come home, but if have suggestions, i'll gladly take them.

Thanks-

Ken (stepping into Dave's shoes)
fyrblckdragon

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:00 am

Not everyone is going to be completely happy with terrain on all the tables. Shooty armies want less and h-t-h armies want more.

I was pleased to see more terrain on the tables than last year. It was better than having only 6 pieces of terrain from last year. All of it looked great.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby Mr. Magoo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:35 am

I think the ammount of terrain was perfect.

I gave HTH armies plenty of room to move through cover while giving shooty armies there lines of fire. This game is all about strategy if you take a completely shooty army then you deserve to be screwed by heavy terrain in at least one game while the same goes for the HTH armies. YOu are required to take some sort of equal units here.

At least that is my opinion. The ammount of terrain you had a adepticon was perfect and you should keep to it.
Mr. Magoo

Postby Redbeard » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:12 am

Mr. Magoo wrote:I think the ammount of terrain was perfect.

Seconded. I played shooty some days and assaulty others, and felt it fair across the board.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby BrentS » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:00 am

I only played in the LOTR games. In fact, all three of my matches were on the same table. However, I absolutely loved the "themed" LOTR terrain.
BrentS

Postby hornblower » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:14 am

This being my first Adepticon, I was pleasantly surprised by the terrain. I was expecting the tables to be far more barren and more closely resembling the GW GT tables.

I say don't change a thing. The proportion was nice. Some tables had a lot, others a bit less, but I never had the feeling that the tables were too barren.

Great job on the terrain.
hornblower

Postby artificer » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:39 pm

Mr. Magoo wrote:The amount of terrain you had a adepticon was perfect and you should keep to it.

Third!

I agree completely. The mix of different cover from board to board was great.

The only board I was frustrated playing on was the molded plastic 'lava' board, and it wasn't the terrain setup that was the problem, but the fact that there was no flat surface to roll dice on (they kept falling into the fissures) :lol:

Seriously though, Cheers to everyone who busted their a**es to get everything made and set up for such a HUGE event.

This was my first Adepticon, but it certainly won't be my last.
Only the Dead Have Seen The End Of War
- Plato

'07 TT - No More Kicking
'08 TT - Casus Belli
'09 TT - Cede Malis
'10 Paint Judging and Terrain Monkey
artificer

Postby CaptKaruthors » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:39 pm

The terrain was perfect. You guys are machines at cranking out excellent terrain. The terrain rocked!

Capt k
CaptKaruthors

Postby fyrblckdragon » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:17 pm

No one likes the ziterdes' tables for tournament play...They would be better if they were filled, instead of hollow. That way the dice don't bounce into the fissures...every...time. They are pretty though.
fyrblckdragon

Postby flatlanderboss » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:47 pm

give that Zierdes stuff away.

Can't play on it for crap.

Also, the "space ship landing port" with the roads...might be past it's prime...

Other than that...amazing stuff all around.

Especially liked that table with the Land Carrier attacking a ruined city (what do you mean that wasn't a gaming table...mumble, mumble)
"How many of the armies here were painted by you guys?"

"Enough."
flatlanderboss

Postby Inquisitor_Malice » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:04 am

I agree with the ziterdes. It is very difficult to play on and guys are constantly falling over. It is a neat concept. Maybe if it was filled in solid. I actually had my minis fall over just from the dice landing on a square and not hitting my guys.
- Greg
Inquisitor_Malice

Postby SirNotInThisFilm » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:13 am

I'd take it.
SirNotInThisFilm

Postby theblklotus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:07 am

Terrain was awesome. I kept telling the guys that had not been before there would be plenty... and there was! Nice work.

I would agree however, the road/plane piece is just too much. It creates a huge barrier or you have to play it as nothing...
theblklotus

Postby Matthias » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:11 am

SirNotInThisFilm wrote:I'd take it.

My thoughts exactly.
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby skkipper » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:30 am

the terrian was great.
the only problem was on a board with to entrenched positions. i charged over the top but it was very difficult to get your guys to stand up on the sloped sides of the trench. The trenches looked great just hard to play on in a competive enviroment.
skkipper

Next

Return to AdeptiCon 2007