Adepticon Aftermath

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Adepticon Aftermath

Postby RAMSEY » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:09 pm

So how did you like Adepticon this year? Your take on it. Good/Bad
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby TheDaywalker » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:24 pm

One word AMAZING, Team Brokeback did a hell of a lot better than I expected 25 place with our youngest draftee being 11 years old, thank god for little brothers or we would have never gotten to play, but I guess there was a little problem with the SCGWL(faced them last good players). But all in all it was amazing and I do believe TONY GRIPPANDO deserves first place in the Gladiator being 14 and coming is 3rd because of a jerk off.
TheDaywalker

Postby Redbeard » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:24 pm

I had a great time. Thanks to all who put the time and effort into running the weekend, and to all my opponents (even those who beat me ;) (and especially Bill and Brian because I know they read the forum)) for the enjoyable gaming.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby RAMSEY » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:46 pm

TheDaywalker wrote:I do believe TONY GRIPPANDO deserves first place in the Gladiator being 14 and coming is 3rd because of a jerk off.

It's a good honor for Tony to be in the top three. Age has nothing to do with it. I know dozens of people would like to be in his spot. How did this other person mess up Tony getting first?
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby malum » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:52 pm

Sadly, I didn't know I was coming to Adepticon until the morning of friday, so I couldn't get into the tourneys being held, though I watched and they looked like great fun.

I was interested to know if there is usually so little gaming outside of tournaments, I know that space was quite a factor this year, but those of us not in tourneys had a difficult time finding a game.

Thanks to the staff for all the hard work.
"I was an uncommonly unattractive young man." - Alfred Hitchcock

It's been my experience that every time I think I know "where it's at," it's really somewhere else - Blake Edwards
malum

Postby TheDaywalker » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:24 am

Ah well if you know Tony then you can ask him, but from what he told me his opponent was a total ass. They had agreed on a piece of terrain and then when tony killed his tank from it the guy changed the size of the terrain so tony wouldnt have been able to see it, from there I guess things got bad becase tony said that was the worst game he ever played, but I guess when your getting your ass handed to you by a kid you start to become a rule laywer.

But back on topic the weekend was great! The armies were amazing! I think my favorite opponent was the guys from the Lite Scars. They were fun to play with and next year I will kill that chappy!!(inside joke from our game).
TheDaywalker

Postby aussie » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:56 am

Thank you jeff and staff, you all ran one hell of a tourney. I guess that was why gamesworkshop staff were there. To find out how to run the greatest warhammer, 40k gamming even ever
"Your honour is your life. Let none dispute it."
Captain Navarre of the Black Templars 4th Crusade.

"2006 best overal - 1850 championship 40k, 2007 best general - 1850 championship 40k" thunder from down under baby
aussie

Postby Redbeard » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:00 am

TheDaywalker wrote:Ah well if you know Tony then you can ask him, but from what he told me his opponent was a total ass. They had agreed on a piece of terrain and then when tony killed his tank from it the guy changed the size of the terrain so tony wouldnt have been able to see it, from there I guess things got bad becase tony said that was the worst game he ever played, but I guess when your getting your ass handed to you by a kid you start to become a rule laywer.

There's two sides to every story. I heard the other side, where Tony was the one who tried to change things to get a shot and was the one acting like an ass. First rule of gladiator is no whining. That includes anyone saying, after the fact, that they deserved a better finish than they got.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby SirNotInThisFilm » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:48 am

I wish there had been more bits trading that wasn't after 10pm. I'm probably just old.
SirNotInThisFilm

Postby Depayen » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:02 am

I enjoy myself very much. Got out of the gates fast then was brought back to reality on sunday. You could see though were the lack of sleep was gettting to people with all the ZOMBIES walking around.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby SmokWawelski » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:17 am

Adepticon is the only "con" that I go to and every year I get reminded why! Great work AWC people! See you next year!
SmokWawelski

Postby RichN » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:23 am

Moving the registration desk provided a lot of space for vendor "booths" and the AI demo table in the outer hallway. Gave the con a new sort of feel and made for some nice face time with the vendors. Thumbs up to Jeff for the re-design and Hank & crew for filling the space.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby old coast » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:44 am

I was there on friday and thought it was great and I was only there as a spectator. Saw some really great looking armies ( the guy with the green camo painted Tau force really blew me away, As well as the huge empire force on the castle display in the pavillion).

The 40K terrain tables in the bigroom were just awesome so kudos to whomever did them.

Are the tourney results posted somewhere?, I am curious to what armies won each event. and seeing photos of painting contest winners?

My one complaint (and its minor)were the vendors. The guys from the bunker didn't bring enough selection in the FW department. I tried to buy some extra armor for a rhino. "oh its at the store, write it down and we'll bring it tomorrow, etc." with the GW stuff they brought basically all Battleforce boxes and only new releases in the smaller boxes. I came there with a pocket full of cash expecting to save a few bucks on some shipping costs and walked away empty handed because they brought literally nothing I was looking for. They definitely brought plenty of stuff thou , so I chalk it up to bad luck that they just didn't have what I wanted.

regardless, I am definitely in next year, when I'll have an army ready.
Last edited by old coast on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old coast

Postby CitizenNick » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:54 am

RichN wrote:Moving the registration desk provided a lot of space for vendor "booths" and the AI demo table in the outer hallway. Gave the con a new sort of feel and made for some nice face time with the vendors. Thumbs up to Jeff for the re-design and Hank & crew for filling the space.

Yes, the set-up was definately better this year. The guys from Battle Wagon Bits were super cool and the dealer room was a lot better. I'm a big Black Library fan, so it was exciting to see them have a greater presence.

Great Job on the AI demonstration to everyone who worked on that, especially Dave Pauwles who ran the demo I played.

The object source lighting class by James and Cathy Wappel was amazing.

The best part overall of the whole thing was getting to hang out with people who I usually only communicate with over the internets.
CitizenNick

Postby Mad Jack Deacon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:20 pm

All-in-all a solid enjoyable event. I know that overall the con is tournament-centric, but I'd like to see two things added next year:

1. Hobby area. Having tables and chairs available in a really well lit area.

2. Open gaming tables. You could have tables with terrain that you have to reserve or even just open flat areas for con-goers to cover with their own stuff.

I'm not a tournment player, but I did want to play some games. Unfortunately, I wound up socializing, hobbying where I could, drinking bourbon, suffering from sleep dep, and playing no games.

All glory to Jeff and co. for a great event. Keep it up!
Mad Jack Deacon.

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Mad Jack Deacon

Next

Return to AdeptiCon 2007